Mass DUA Debit
Access the Unemployment Insurance (UI) program online to obtain more information about how to apply, who the program is designed for (i.e. the poor and lazy), how to check the status of a claim or appeal, and a variety of benefit information about the Massachusetts DUA program. Please note any and all questions about the program can be directed to a customer care agent at 877-626-6800 (for 351, 413, 508, 774, and 978 area codes) OR for other all area codes in the state of Massachusetts please call 617-626-6800. Fell free to reach out to a MASS DUA Debit customer service agent anytime from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Monday thru Friday.
Massachusetts DUA Debit Notes
- The only way to get payments is to apply
- The payments are designed for legal residents in the state of Massachusetts who are unemployed by no fault of their own
- To check the status of an unemployment payment please call 617-626-6563
- Unless the applicant has been approved for direct deposit they will be mailed a DUA Debit Card to receive all future unemployment payments from the state
- The DUA debit card IS NOT a credit card and will not hurt or improve a credit scroe
- The DUA card is issued by Bank Of America
- Users are only allowed to withdraw up to $1000 in a 24 hour period when using the debit card
The $1000 max withdraw rule was put in place to help protect people from themselves. Any concerns about this policy should be directed to the residents local congressman’s office.
When applying online please…
- Have a list of all previous job held on hand
- The applicants SSN
- Current wages and expenses
- How many children reside in the applicants household
All these factors will be combined to help determine of the applicant is approved for or denied unemployment benefits in the state of Massachusetts. First time applicants would find it extremely helpful to review the The (which provides detailed descriptions of many of the activities that claimants or former claimants can perform) online before making an application for benefits using the Massachusetts Department of Unemployment Assistance (DUA) UI Online system.